Last Updated: July 31, 2018
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Site. The types of Information we collect are:
- First and last name
- Company name
- Title at company
- Address, which includes street number, street name, city, state, zip code, and country
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Comments (optional)
- First and last name
- Email address
- Any content included in the email
For all visitors: As you navigate our Site, certain passive information will also be collected, including but not limited to:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer or device by your Internet service provider so that other computers or devices connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer or device online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- The date, time, and duration of your visit to the Site and the Site’s pages and links you click on while navigating within our Site;
- Information about your interactions with any content appearing on our Site, such as the type of content accessed via our Site;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Information about your device such as your device type and model, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, operating system, Wi-Fi information, and time zone;
- If you are using a mobile device to access the Site, unique identifiers such as non-global mobile device identification numbers, radio type (e.g. LTE, 3G, etc.), and carrier code; and
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
We may also log information using small data files stored on your hard drive when you visit our Site (“Cookies”). We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, go to: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
We and our service providers may also use “Pixel Tags” (sometimes referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to help us ensure that we are sending messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to, among other things, reduce the frequency of or eliminate messages sent to a user.
Use of Personal Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, or improve our Site, products, and services. Depending on your intended use of this Site, we may use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- To send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- To identify you as a user in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Site;
- To provide you with content that may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with information relating to recruiting;
- To respond to your e-mail inquiries and other requests, including providing you with notification regarding the availability our products for purchase;
- To measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience with our Site, products, and services;
- To determine your patient’s eligibility in participating in our prescription access programs, as applicable;
- To send investor information, new product availability information, administrative e-mail notifications (e.g. security or support and maintenance advisories);
- To understand how you use our Site;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to any third parties in our sole discretion. “Anonymous Data” means data, either individual or in the aggregate, that does not permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Information.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not generally share your Personal Information with third parties.
- We may share Personal Information with your consent.
- We may share Personal Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
Our Site is not designed for children under the age of 13. We will not deliberately gather Personal Information about visitors in this age group, and do not collect any information on this Site with respect to age. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
Your Choices Regarding Information
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
You may opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may request to access or correct any other Personal Information collected by Rigel by contacting email@example.com.
1180 Veterans Boulevard
South San Francisco, CA 94080